Freelance Sales Consultant
We’re looking for a confident, motivated, trustworthy and client oriented freelance business sales consultant to join our team.
If you’re an innovative, proactive people person and are excited to get stuck in conducting outreach and generating quality leads then this role might just be for you!
- Web Design industry knowledge
- Previous experience selling websites and packaged products B2B
- Understanding of sales psychology best practices
- Comfortable with cold sales
- English as a first language
- Ability to use software for managing prospect contact and sales funnels
- Looking for a long term relationship with a quality, high value service provider
- Must represent our company conscientiously and always in keeping with our brand
Nice to haves:
- An interest in and finger on the pulse of current relevant trends in website development, tech and marketing is an advantage.
- Ability to convey complicated concepts to non-technical people.
- Established businesses whose websites are outdated, confusing or hard to use. Businesses who if they had a better website would serve their customers needs better and therefore be more successful - win win!
- You’ll be contacting decision makers i.e. the managing director of a business or product owner.
- Our clients aren’t sector specific, but we’ve worked in the following industries for 15+ years; market research, medical, security, currency, property, automotive, fitness, events, startups.
- Premium quality professional websites designed and built by Smoof.io. Specifically websites that are designed to convert well utilising proven psychological principles and extensive UX knowledge. (We are not just another low cost digital agency.)
- Packaged User Experience consultancy services to improve website functionality and increase conversion through UX audits.
Sales support and tools:
- 2 websites as sales aids.
- Our extensive knowledge of the products, services and market.
- Additional info in the form of sales collateral, example proposals, blog posts and great benefit based sales copy to get you up to speed.
- We currently use Buzzstream for managing outreach data and building the database, Pipedrive for sales funnel management and Toggl time tracking software.
- There’s potential flexibility as to what tools are used depending on your process.
Description of role:
- Firstly this is not hard sales. We want quality pre-qualified leads not high volume low value.
- The right candidate will work to obtain as much information as possible from potential clients regarding their needs, wants and problems they are looking to solve whilst discussing our products with them.
- Through knowing and understanding our products and the benefits they bring you’ll need to educate the prospect as to why they should consider our services.
- The warm, pre qualified lead will then be passed over for us to continue to act on in detail (we tend to convert ⅗ leads we choose to pitch for on average.)
- Through contact with prospects, you’ll be building up our database for us to then utilise and maximise on through e-marketing. You must be able to maintain and grow a database and keep tidy and concise records.
- We’ll welcome insight from the expert we choose to work with to refine our process.
- The position is flexible and results driven. Do you work best in person and want to attend events or book appointments with decision makers face to face? Great! Are you proactive on the phone and ace at email and social outreach? Good stuff! We’re happy to be flexible :)
Rates and terms:
- Minimum time commitment 2 days per week.
- £600/month + commission. (The expectation being that the majority of your earnings will be through commission.) -Commission for website sales: 10% of sale (ex VAT.) Minimum website project value £10,000.
- Commission for UX audits: 10% of sale (ex VAT.) Average audit value £4,995.
- Minimum contract term length of 3 months.
- Our team is UK based and works remotely.
- This is a remote working position too so discipline and focus to be able to be productive from home (or wherever you chose to work) is vital.
- We’ll regularly communicate with you via Slack, Skype and Google hangouts so you feel like a valued member of our close knit team and don’t get lonely! :)
Email us and pitch for the job, we’d love to hear from you!
Tell us about some successes you’ve had, largest leads you’ve locked down, what you’ve done that you're most proud of.
Emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: we will not accept applications from recruitment agencies